1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Cold Extrusion Prevented

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Hazrd, Feb 24, 2015.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Loose thermistor I'd wager.
    The E3D was held on with kapton tape, but the hexagon is just held in place with the plastic boot if I understand it correctly.
    That is normally enough, but perhaps not always. Others have experimented with high-temp epoxy and the like... Your Mileage May Vary :)

2 people like this.
  2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Could still be an overheating/overamped polyfuse. It takes time for the temp to build up, especially when you add in motor movements and fans.

2 people like this.
  3. Hazrd

Hazrd Member

@ Mark, I tried to pull out the thermistor and it was very difficult to pull out, not sure how it can be loose. I pulled hard, but stopped because I didn't want to break anything and just pushed it back in. Could've still been loose but it feels less likely. It is the only thing I did actually plug and unplug though, rest of troubleshooting shouldn't have actually changed anything.

@ Mike, I've intentionally been printing with the same settings, same model, and same material to eliminate any issues like that (Hopefully!!!). When I post the picture of the 3 failures you will see they failed pretty early in the print. Print is finishing up and will post a picture of all 4 prints of this oiler when its done.

Current working theory is that me eating soup and swearing fixed it :) (or the thermistor). Fingers crossed!

4. Hazrd

Hazrd Member

5. Hazrd

Hazrd Member

Going to test something that takes hours to print to test Mikes theory and to see if those lines are on all the prints.

Thanks again guys!

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

7. Hazrd

Hazrd Member

Now that I know what its called... looking up how to fix it.