1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved "Currently Printing" even though it is not?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fzzz, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Fzzz

Fzzz New Member

I was printing a flat plane in PETG (for the first time) at 240 C with the bed at 60 C. It started to warp mid-print, so I paused the print and raised the bed temperature to try and stop the warping. When I pressed 'resume' nothing happened. So I decided to restart. This time with a higher bed temperature. The printer started and did the usual calibration, but at the last point when it's supposed to start the actual print it stopped. I tried again, and the same thing happened. The status says that it is printing even though nothing is moving. I was able to get the printer to move twice when i lowered the temperatures but that's it. Any ideas?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Look for errors in the communications log. I suspect (total guess) something like Temperature fell too much during print
    Sadly fairly common, but there are some solutions.

Go find the error first.

3. Fzzz

Fzzz New Member

It says MAXTEMP triggered for the bed temperature

4. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

How hot were you trying to set the bed temperature to? I believe the default is 85° C max, even though the bed can actually go hotter.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yea, some versions of the firmware had that exact limitation. The ones with the ribbon cable to the bed I *think* do not have that limitation (but I do not know how high it can go).

So first R1 did NOT have the ribbon cable or that limitation, then they altered it to have the limitation (but not the ribbon cable) and lastly they made the ribbon cable connection for the heat bed was added and the limitation was removed. Or so I think...

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Latest firmware has the bed max temp set to 110.

Either you're telling the printer to exceed the limit or there's a short in your thermistor wiring causing it to read high.