1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

dead R2 power supply

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Huski, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Huski

Huski New Member

Hi all, I have one of the Kickstarter R2’s and mid print the external power supply went bang and is no longer working. I have sent a support request to Robo and hopefully I can get a replacement, although I am in South Africa and it will probably take a while.
    For now I have connected the R2 to my bench power supply and everything works to the point of the heated bed attempting to heat up, then the power supply can’t maintain the load and switches off. I have tried to disable the heated bed in the slicer but somewhere in the initialization process before the print it still tries to heat the bed.
    Does anyone have a way to disable the bed from the control panel or any other clever plan ?
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you not just get a replacement 24V power brick at the rated amps in South Africa?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

even a generic 24vdc power supply with the correct amount of amperage can be rigged in to work as a temporary solution. Until they can ship you a replacement.

Huski likes this.
  4. Huski

Huski New Member

Probably could given enough effort, everything I have found so far isn’t at least rated to the 9.2A of the original, but may be my best option. Thanks

5. Huski

Huski New Member

Any idea if I could run 2 x 12v PSU’s similar to the one in the R1 connected in series to get the 24v ? Those are easy to find !

6. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

You can disable preheat in the start gcode script in the octoprint interface.

Geof and Huski like this.