1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Fan Duct for Bridging???

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kirk, Feb 26, 2015.

1. ironbird61

ironbird61 Guest

Mark I appreciate your comments but they are not helpful with the smart a!@ condescending remarks I trying to learn this and by the way the firmware was modified and downloaded and it still didn't work. If it up sets you to answer these stupid questions don't answer.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hey now, calm down, no need to get angry at people trying to help. Did you raise the max bed temperature from 85 to 100+ in the firmware under the configuration.h file?

3. ironbird61

ironbird61 Guest

yes and uploaded it

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

If you open terminal what error message do you get when you go above 85

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You are misreading what I said. I went back and looked and it seems you are saying you did the firmware update, but not very clearly.
    If you did, then that removes that as a concern. However your symptoms look like firmware (which by default caps it to -- 85c)

6. ironbird61

ironbird61 Guest

Never mind now the extruded isn't working does anyone want to buy a printer how can a broken y axis belt tensioner cause the wrong setting in the firmware this printer worked perfectly before the part broke

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It wouldn't.

I'll give you 20 bucks

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That has to be a non sequitur -- those facts can't be related (and it is obvious from your response that you know this).
    It is frustrating getting up and running sometimes thanks to poor Q/A and cheap parts.

You have a broken Y belt tensioner and if it is not able to be glued for a temporary fix (i.e. while you print a replacement) then you need to get a replacement parts request into Robo to solve that one first.

The issue with the bed temperature is distinct we can sort that once this is resolved. We are here to assist whatever you want to do (but we can't get parts shipped for you, you will have to initiate that).

Mike Kelly likes this.
  9. ironbird61

ironbird61 Guest

Yes i have already received the part and have installed it. The bed temp is not my concern right now I have issues with z axis and trying to fix it now.

10. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

What exactly is the z axis issue?

11. ironbird61

ironbird61 Guest

the y axis belt tensioner broke I put the new one in and have the belt nice and tight. I go to print and one side of the part is thinner and is not the correct height. I tried different files, and slicing software to rule to verify that it's in the printer. I was told to check the steps in the firmware for the Z axis i did and they where the 5/16 rod settings and not the 8mm rod settings, and to update my firmware for the rods that I have and I did. I homed everything verified that the z axis was level the full width of the X axis and tried a print the filament didn't seem to be sticking to the bed as if the extruder was close enough to the bed so I re-homed everything and made the z axis distance from the bed the same again same result so I adjusted the z axis offset in the g code start up with the same result. I made sure the coupling that attaches the left side 8mm rod to the stepper is tighten so no slippage. Nothing seems to change the outcome of the print. I posted this " what could cause this" with pics

12. Darkzeid

Darkzeid New Member

Hi guys!

So, I found that the other double mounts didn't fit my machine because it seems that the hexagon hot end was raised 2-3 mm in my particular Robo 3D R1 model (purchased August 2015). The other designs were scrapping the build platform.

I kept the same double mount and modelled the shrouds again. However several modifications were made to accommodate the extra 3 mm that were needed to clear the build platform and still point the air nozzles in the right direction. The inner surfaces were given a nice curved contour so air flows smoothly to the nozzle end.

I used 2 coarse threaded 1/8" phillips screws to mount each fan shroud onto the double mount and 2 fine threaded 1/8" allen screws to secure each fan to its respective shroud. The shroud holes where the fan gets screwed should be threaded using the appropriate 1/8" tap, be gentle when threading this holes because if you try to do it in just one go you will heat up the plastic and destroy the threads, just do 1-2 mm at a time and pull out the tap rolling backwards, do this until you get the hole threaded all the way to the other side.

I can't seem to be able to post links since this is my first post, just search for my username on Thingiverse: Darkzeid
    So you can download the model.

Greetings from Mexico