1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

feeder gear removal, cleaning, replacement?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sawce_bause, Jan 3, 2019.

1. sawce_bause

sawce_bause New Member

during a print i noticed a clicking sound i noticed the "feeder gear" (sorry dont know the actual name of the part, see pic below ) slipping. [​IMG]
    took some canned air to it to get rid of most of the shavings and also tried using different rolls of filaments.
    i also noticed some black gunk on the teeth of the gear itself

anyone have any tips on removing this gear?
    i loosened the set screw on the flat side of the shaft in hopes that it would just slide out.
    tried pulling on it but doesn't seem to want to budge. i don't want to force it and risk breaking something.

when i finally get this thing out anyone have tips on cleaning it? or getting my hands on a replacement part?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey there. Should slide right off. Be sure there is no filament loaded. You can persuade it with a flathead as a prybar just dont crack any of your plastic bits. As far as cleaning i use a brass brush or can use a toothpic to clean out the individual teeth

sawce_bause likes this.
  3. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

I am having the same issue. I have had the printer for awhile and just replaced the original nozzle. I have tried multiple filaments but the same thing keeps happening. Where can you find a replacement gear? It is another wear item...

Brian

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member