1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved First layers failing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Isaac Walther, Jun 20, 2016.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I think it is an M3,..that is certainly what used on mine when I added the autoleveling.

2. Isaac Walther

Isaac Walther New Member

Thank you. I'll definitely see if that will help. What do you mean by paper level to square the x with the y?

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The best way to level the x is with a piece of paper. Lower the print head to the bed on the good side until you just feel drag on the piece of paper. Power down the printer. Then slide the nozzle to the other side and spin the threaded rod on that side while hold the other threaded rod u til the paper feels the same on both sides. If its crazy skewed after that i suggest shimming the bed...but only after a proper paper leveling.

4. Isaac Walther

Isaac Walther New Member

Alright everyone, I don't want to jinx anything but my first attempt was a huge improvement. Leveling seemed to be just a touch of and I need to adjust my offset a little, but the results are much better! I'll provide an update as soon as I get a complete print done. Thanks for all of your help!

mark tomlinson likes this.