1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

First Printer Shipped Successfully!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Coby Robo 3D

Coby Robo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Backers,
    Braydon, Coby, and Mike here. Just wanted to say we shipped our first printer out the doors successfully! Things are finally underway! We appreciate all the support so far and we thank you all for hanging in there with us. It has been a long journey to get to this point with all the delays, manufacturing struggles, and design changes: with all that said, we could not have done it without you all and it was all for the better! For those of you who have been active on the forums, a special thanks to you! Your support and help with getting people to understand 3D printing and offering suggestions has been amazing before printers were even out the doors and we know you are going to be great help moving forward.
    We are so excited to be able to finally bring this printer to you all and let your imaginations run wild. This first batch we received is a smaller batch but more parts should be coming in a few weeks to do more sub assemblies and cases shortly after. Then we can finish and send out more printers. We will keep you updated!
    If you are in the first batch of printers, you will receive an email shortly with a tracking number for your shipment as soon as we get it sent!
    Check out the video from one of our first backers Harrison Valner printing his first small print! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ug_JU6NU-s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKBWnXWiA8&feature=youtu.be
    Lastly, follow us on Facebook

• [​IMG]

2. zachmatts10

zachmatts10 New Member

Congrats to Harrison Valner! Super jealous... Thinking of ordering one once the rest of the parts come in. This is a question for Harrison; did it take long to configure it out of the box and get it working like it did in the video? Keep up the good work guys.

2 people like this.
  3. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Zach, I did not have to do any configuration. I honestly, took it out of the box, plugged it in and started printing. It is perfect.

4. zachmatts10

zachmatts10 New Member

That sounds awesome, especially since I am new to 3d printing I would prefer to start off basic and then work towards more complicated settings and prints

5. Capitalist

Capitalist New Member

Ditto. Great news. I'm new to this as well. Any way to find out what our number is in the queue? No pressure but its like Christmas when I was a child.

6. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

I'm pretty sure I'm right at the end of the April fully-configured backers, so I don't really need to know my number in the queue... I'm more interested in hearing more about what kind of kind of schedule we're looking at now. I'm pretty okay with delays as long as there's still info... Is the big batch of cases done and ready to ship? If not, in a week? A month? Imma need to put together a kind of ridiculous amount of money for the customs charges, and finish off my studio... It'd be nice to have an idea of exactly how I need to be balancing those two out.

2 people like this.
  7. Kevyn Watkins

Kevyn Watkins New Member

As AutopsyTurvy said, an estimate of shipping times for each tier would be appreciated now. I'm tossing up between buying a new soldering iron this month or some robo abs spools.

8. Matthias

Matthias Member

+1 for a schedule, even tentative.

9. Trenton Smith

Trenton Smith Member

Hey Autopsy, any idea what you're looking at for import taxes? If I'm correct, I saw that you are a Canuck as well. I was thinking that the printer would be in the same electronics category as a ink printer, and import fees would be minimal...I better check again....

10. Trenton Smith

Trenton Smith Member

+1 for some kind of tentative schedule

11. Trenton Smith

Trenton Smith Member

No duty on 3d printers imported from USA to Canada, just GST. Yay!

12. veetek

veetek New Member

+1 on the schedule

13. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

I'm in the Netherlands, where customs fees seem to be tacked on at whim. Sometimes I'll pay almost nothing, sometimes I end up paying like 40%. It -sucks-, but I would not even be at all surprised if I end up having to pay 200 euros in customs. I order almost nothing outside the EU because of it.

By the by, Robo guys, might be worth looking into finding an EU distributor once ya'll get up and running properly. 3D printing is getting very big here, and I'm sure you'd get a boatload of sales (if it weren't for the painful customs charges and shipping).

14. JustinV

JustinV New Member

I would also appreciate a schedule update. I'm in the Early Bird tier and I still haven't heard anything, which I think is weird, considering there are supposedly 50 printers being shipped out around now.

15. Trenton Smith

Trenton Smith Member

@AutopsyTurvy... 200 Euro in custom fees is crazy. Darn near half the price of the Robo! .... Nice to see people from all world join together on the forum! Awesome.

16. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Soon we will have ROBOer's world wide get ready everyone it is gonna be big

17. scotta

scotta Active Member

I would also like to see a schedule for the staged delivery. I do not think this is too much to ask for.
    Even if you caveat it with potential risks to the delivery time line.

5 people like this.