1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

got power but nothings working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by syphion2004, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syphion2004

syphion2004 Member

i dont have skype but i installed team view. i had the board out it has a yellow led inside if u want i can let you into my pc

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Start a conversation with me and send me the team viewer info

3. Scott Foster

Scott Foster New Member

Hey Mike thanks for helping folks. My R1 running MC 1.1.1 has stopped doing anything but home. No heats, no temps, no moves, a lot of zeros coming back. Checked every plug I could find. Ran for a few days ... Frankly this product requires more learning curve than I expected. It's been weeks to get working for a couple of days and I'm dead. I have a Mac, notice most users do not ...

Scott

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Check all your connections. Possible something came unplugged

5. Scott Foster

Scott Foster New Member

Did that of course (25 years in Silicon Valley). Should I remove the board? Why not PVC dab the connectors before shipping? I have an xxl controller coming, at least that may eliminate comm issues. Thanks again.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Could be a comm issue. Verify your drivers and maybe flash your firmware to the auto_level 5-29 edition

The LCD will tell you for certain though.

Edit: ignore the drivers part since you're on a Mac. I know Mac's can have communication issues for a number of reason, do you have a powered USB hub you could try and run through?

2 people like this.
  7. Scott Foster

Scott Foster New Member

Yes, after fiddling around (I mean methodically checking) the USB connector on the R1 looks to be marginal. Back on the air. These cheap connectors are unfortunate, almost makes you want to use two cables in parallel. LCD will fix it also as you note. Thanks very much for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.