1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Group buy on E3D?

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Printed Solid, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

I'm going to place a bulk order for E3Ds to start carrying some in my shop at printedsolid.com.

For anyone who wants to include their hot end, I'll treat your order as at cost. You'll save a few $$ on shipping and a few $$ for distributor prices. actual price will depend on how many people get in on the order.

For anyone participating, I can also give a discount on other stuff from my shop.

I'll be placing the order TODAY (Christmas Eve).

2. Printed Solid

Staff Member

Oh, important detail: This primarily applies to US customers, but I'll do other countries as well if you deal with the shipping and any import paperwork.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I am interested. Was planning to swap hot ends after the new year at any rate. I want to use other materials (like nylon) as well... Let me know what you need.

4. agump

agump Member

im interested as well

5. Printed Solid

Staff Member

Great. let me know if you want to include any additional nozzles. otherwise, I'll just order them with a 0.4. I'll send the final price out to everyone in the morning as a Christmas surprise. May not be dramatically lower than other US prices, but it will at least save a few $$.

I've probably mentioned this a hundred times in other posts, but I've drilled my nozzle to 0.8 on my ultimaker and it is awesome for the right types of prints. not so good for detail, but great for strength and reduces printing time dramatically.

6. agump

agump Member

Looks like they are only selling for 35 euros on the website vs the 44 they normally go for, I won't be needing another nozzle but thank you for the offer! Thank you again for doing this solid!!

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I'd like one of each nozzle size if you could (well, except for the .35, no need of that one)

8. agump

agump Member

actually change of mind can i get one of the .6 nozzles? in addition to the .4
    thank you!

9. Printed Solid

Staff Member

Mark, you want .25, .3, .4, and .6.
    Agump, .4 and .6.

Do either of you want me to drill yours out to .8?

10. agump

agump Member

i would like that .6 drilled out if it isn't too much trouble. could you send me a list of settings you use with that .8? I would like to know what im getting myself into, also are there build/assembly/installation instructions for the e3d?

-Andrew

11. Printed Solid

Staff Member

I haven't tried 0.8 on the Robo yet. I still have the stock hot end. On the Ultimaker, all I did was change the nozzle diameter in Cura from 0.4 to 0.8. You also need to have really good part cooling because you are putting down a lot of material.

Quite a few people have installed the E3D on the Robo and there is info scattered around the forum. I think that Melody has pointed to the directions in her FAQ.

12. warlocke

warlocke Active Member

You can put me down for one. Was considering getting one at some point and this looks to be a good opportunity. :)
    Just the standard tip for now. Need more time printing before I decide what other tips I want to try.

13. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

I'll stick with the .6 for now, thanks :) and yes: .25, .3, .4, and .6.

14. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I need 1 bowden style and 1 bowden heatsink. For my future plans.

15. Printed Solid

Staff Member

Bowden 1.75?

16. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

correct, .4 is fine

17. Hockeyjoe21

Hockeyjoe21 New Member

I will take one too. With nozzles .25, .4, and .6.

18. -PC

-PC Member

depending on price Im in for a bowden 1.75mm, 0.4 and the heatsink, of course :)

19. Printed Solid

Staff Member

Alright. Thanks for the interest everybody! I actually put in the order before I got the bowden requests, so I am going to need to have the order modified.

Just to clarify on pricing: We will all get a nice little discount, but we're not talking black friday E3D doorbuster :). I have purchased these at the 20% off prices at the E3D site. So, final price will be whatever is listed there, exchanged from USD to GBP via paypal (that is the only payment option available), with about 20GBP divided up between all of your orders and the orders I'm getting for my shop, plus around $3-$5 for shipping depending on whether the box is under or over 13 oz.

I will send a PM to each of you confirming what you are looking for and will then send a paypal invoice.

2 people like this.
  20. -PC

-PC Member

great :)