1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

I'm looking for a file or two

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Stephen Capistron, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

Does anyone have a CAD file for the X motor mount or the X idler? The two parts that ride up and down on the z-axis rods. The file type doesn't really matter as I have access to SolidWorks and CREO.

I'm trying to some up with a way to allow more lateral (x-y) play in the threaded rod without it translating those forces to the carriage. It is a bit of a russian doll nest in my mind (a nut in a nut, in a nut, made by a nut) and it might be near impossible to get a good fit such that the surfaces that would need to slide against each other will slide with ease. But as the old saying goes you miss all the shots you don't take.

I've messed around with the STLs in netfabb and FreeCAD a little and worst case I'll wind up exporting one as a solid model and just expect all sorts of crazy printing artifacts when all is said and done.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did you look on thingiverse?
    Most of the parts are there.

This was the original:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:69794/#files

If what you are looking for is not there, others have posted a lot of bits (including improved ones)

3. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

I have the STLs, but working with imported versions in Solidworks and the like is a mess of surfaces and knife edges that don't really align.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I don't know if you can find the models. Someone may have some they made. @Mike Kelly

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I'll try and compile my robo3d model tonight for you to use. Remind me if I forget.