1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

I've finally fixed my Y-axis shift problem. FOREVER!!!!

Discussion in 'Show and Tell' started by Morichalion, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Morichalion

Morichalion Member

.... or just for now. Probably just for now.

Anyway, It's still mildly janky for being fixed. :\

The problem I've been having is that tightening the screws on the y-axis tension clip resulted in the belt actually slipping over itself inside the clip. So the basic, first-step advice of "tighten the screws" did essentially nothing at all except create frustration.

I made a messy little clamp out of 2 screws and a cut-up safety pin. positioned just outside of the tension clip, it holds the belt in place. It worked. Not pretty, but it worked.

I wanted an actual clip to replace it, so I asked for help here, Geof was able to provide an .stl. It actually ended up being a bit tall, so I shortened it and tested it. Unfortunately it had the same problem, more pronounced, even. So I modified the clip, printed it again, now it works just fine.

One last bit o' frustration is the y-axis belt being just a hair too short for my tastes. Pulling it to the janky-fix clamp made it difficult to fit in the printed-fix clamp. So, it all works, it's just closer than I'd like it to be.

I have a belt, along with a few other things, on order. Should get here in a week or so. Once it gets here, I'll replace the whole belt with one ~15mm longer so I can more easily clamp it in the new clips.

I'm attaching the clip I modified in the event that someone else is having similar issues.

Here's some pictures.

Attached Files:

janot928, Geof and mark tomlinson like this.