1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Just a quick question about mesh leveling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Patrick Ryan, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Patrick Ryan

Patrick Ryan Member

So I am using marlin 1.1.1 mesh firmware and
    I just have a quick question. If I do something where I have to manually relevel the x axis by turning the z rods does that mean I should relevel the bed with the mesh routine? Or should it be ok?I tried to print something and the z height near the center of the bed seems really high now. Any info would be appreciated.

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Patrick Ryan I cannot speak for everyone but here is what I have found while using MESH.

If you need to relevel across X maybe as the result of one Z stepper being turned a bit, in relation to the other, during handling of the printer most of the time you can just turn the stepper and call it good. I found this actually works. If you actually need to work on the Y axis like I am doing now to replace the magnets on my bed, you should redo the mesh. If you change firmware or reload the same firmware, you should redo the mesh.

Geof and Patrick Ryan like this.
  3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ditto. If my x gets out of wack the bed mesh is still ok for the most part. Haven't had to relevel