1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Just unboxed printer, printer going to far to the right and grinding

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mayhem, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

And m119?

2. mayhem

mayhem New Member

ok update i thikn we are on to something here, i went ahead and opened up the master control terminal, and pushed the x y and z axis,

y axis- i moved it all the way back and forth until it could not go any further, when i tried to click it again it says " endstops hit" and would not allow me to move it any further.

z axis- same thing happened with the z axis, when it reaches its furthest point it says " endstop hit"

as you probably expected i went ahead and moved the head to the center of the printer and hit x+ and the printer moves right

HOWEVER when i hit x- the master control terminal says " endstop hit" and the head is in the center of the printer. so i went ahead and disconnected the two wires on the limit switch on the head and it still says " endstop hit". so my next question is how does it go wired to the board? all three connections to the board ( under the printer) are connected the same way

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

They're all connected the same way on the x- input in this case. Can I get a picture of the wiring for the x switch?

4. mayhem

mayhem New Member

Attached Files:

5. mayhem

mayhem New Member

ok good news, i went in there and disconnected everything one by one, and when i turned it on it STARTED WORKING AGAIN! so i believe something was loose under there. but now i forgot where the fan connected to the bottom plate goes? anyone know where that connects to?

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's kinda hard to tell from the picture but it looks to me like the far connector on the switch has wiggled loose.

If it's secure let's try this. Disconnect both connectors on the switch and short them together. You can either press the ends together or put a piece of metal between them, like a wire or paper clip. With the circuit closed send an M119

This will tell us if it's a bad swith or a break in the wire.

Though I'm kinda hopeful it's just a loose connector judging by the picture

7. mayhem

mayhem New Member

ok good news, i went in there and disconnected everything one by one, and when i turned it on it STARTED WORKING AGAIN! so i believe something was loose under there. but now i forgot where the fan connected to the bottom plate goes? anyone know where that connects to?

8. mayhem

mayhem New Member

so apparently it was some loose connection on the actual circuit board itself

9. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

I would personally check all the wires and screws on the whole machine, shipping is very hard on these and QC is not very good, after I went through the entire box it has worked great for 5 months straight without any problems. Happy printing.

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Here's where the ramps cooling fan connects:

[​IMG]

11. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

I agree with Mike Kelly. The back wire on the x switch looks a little loose.