1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Looking for the same extruder gear set.

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by drandolph, Jan 5, 2016.

1. drandolph

drandolph Member

I know there is the Ultimate Greg's Wade's Geared Extruder http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:961630

But is there an exact match to the whole assembly? There are differences from the one that came with the R1 and I'm hoping to find the same version. My guidler has worn out and I want to print another one. I really like the open slots for the springs and ideally want to keep that. This picture is the one that is with the one from thingiverse but I'm looking for the one Robo3D is using.

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Unless they did something to the GregsWade in the R1 a standard one should fit.

AFAIK they have not posted current models for the Robo since the first Beta.

I have tried the standard idler on Betas and R1 (I have not tried an R1+) in the past they worked fine (they were not the exact duplicate of the Robo version, but they fit and work). In fact I printed all of the parts to a GregsWade reloaded recently (except for the X platform)) and they all seem to be the correct size and shape--at least for the Beta. I don't have an R1 around at the moment to compare to.

I have not tried the Ultimate Gregs Wade :)

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

The reloaded Greg's Wade fits perfectly on the R1, and should on the R1+PLUS