1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Makergear M2 or stick with another Robo

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Nathanfish, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Having 2 cartesan and 2 gantry....gantry wins in both quality and speed. My ditto will run at 100mm/s no issues down to .050 layers with zero issues for instance. I would recommend as others have. If you need robo quality and speed by all means another robo :) all about what you need, we cant tell you that. If you live by the illinois area your more than welcome to come play in the print room and see which style you prefer

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

If money isn't an issue, sure, go for the M2 or any of the other printers offered.

If you like the Robo3D's quality and money *is* an issue though, get that Monoprice Maker Select I've been raving about. $300-350 (depending on sales/coupons) for a printer that physically out-performs the Robo3d in my experience and is also backed by a one-year warranty with a company that actually honors the warranty without hemming/hawing over replacement parts (Monoprice will flat out exchange the printer without charging you shipping if the printer suffers from an actual failure in the components within one year of purchase).

WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.