1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Manually adjust Z during a print

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Redriche, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Redriche

Redriche Member

Is there a way to many lower the bed just slightly during a print? It seems like there was a Z step missed sometimes as when the R2 is printing the infill it drags across in a way that shakes everything. Or perhaps it's a setting I chose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That is likely an issue with slight over-extrusion. When it gets back to cross over an existing layer the one below is slightly protruding because a bit much filament went down in the first place.

Total scientific guess, but I would bet on that.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

There is no provision in the RoboOS nor one in OctoPrint to allow babystepping. That is the process Marlin uses to move microsteps at a time to fine tune a particular layer while it is printing. The function does work if you have the LCD Smart Controller (disabled in Robo's configuration). There could be a way to do it in the OctoPrint interface since the Custom Controls plugin is installed and enabled, but you would have to modify config.yaml for OctoPrint to build the control scheme and buttons yourself.