1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Matter Control Touch

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Paul Williams, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Paul Williams

Paul Williams New Member

Does anyone have Matter Control Touch? I'm considering it when I purchase my first printer(Robo R1+). I've read about it but I wondering what it really gives me. I like the idea of stand alone touch screen. But other than that what does it provide for me that I can't do with a PC attached?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I wouldn't touch matter control, let alone pay them for a tablet

Better use of money is buy simplify3d and a cheap laptop to run it on. And/or an LCD

#2 Mike Kelly, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Printed Solid and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

^^^^^^^
    Werd.

Printed Solid likes this.
  4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

@Paul Williams I think Mike's advice is spot on. DM me and we can chat about a bundle discount on a Simplify license with an LCD display. Much better way of spending your money. You could actually get an LCD, Simplify License, and an E3D hotend for about the same price as that touch screen and really be ahead.

5. Sonny's Robo3D

As someone who owns the Mattercontrol Touch, I agree with Mike, don't waste your money. It's not a 300 dollar tablet - more like a 50 dollar tab with a slim down version of Matter Control. Can't take STL files that print for longer then 6 hours. It's not the worst thing but it's not worth the money. I ended up paying the 300 and I regret it. Now I'm looking to buy the LCD screen, S3D and maybe the E3D hotend. So expect me to hit you up Printed Solid ;-)