1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

New Stabilizer

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Captain McGillacutty, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Captain McGillacutty

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Hmm. Why?

I can't see this really doing a whole besides costing you a bit of build height, which i guess it would just push it off

3. Captain McGillacutty

it makes the thread and stabilizer solid.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. Captain McGillacutty

I do understand the volume. Though the stability through midrange is the goal. If you are printing tall they are made to be removed very easily, just push up. As far as one rod stabilization, the person who patents that will be very wealthy since there is always clearance required for the bearing to operate properly.

6. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The issue is that the threaded rods moving... (other than twisting)
    :)

...is not really a contributor to anything unless they are really out of true and are are moving a lot (really a lot -- in which case you should replace them). A little bit of wobble on them is fine since they are only providing lift through the bearing (and the smooth rods are maintaining the Z straight).The holes those pass through on the carriage are wide enough to account for any minor motion.

Granted, it looks weird and worrisome, but it isn't.