1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Newbie - Quality Questions.... Wispy and "Bumpy"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by George Westwater, Jan 29, 2016.

1. George Westwater

George Westwater New Member

Hello everyone,

I recently picked up a Robo3D R1 +PLUS. So far I am having a lot of fun with it however I am running into some issues with print quality. I have run through a lot of calibration tests and they look pretty good however I am still having some issues with wispy prints on some items and my top most layer is also a bit rougher than I expected.

Question 1. Is the "wispyness" related to my filament (this it the sample PLA spool it came with) or is it related to my "retraction" settings?

Question 2. Is the top level bumpiness related a miss alignment with my print head to bed depth (not sure what the technical term is but is my extruder to close to the print?)

I have attached 6 images of 2 sample prints to show the issues I am talking about.

I have also attached an image of all my printer settings.

Thank you for any help or advise you have.

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Looks like over extrusion, calibrate your esteps:

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The spool that came with my robo + wasn't very good, I calibrated my extruder then had to recalibrate when good filament came in. Just my experience :)

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

No, most people agree that the sample blue you get with the printer is not of superior quality :)