1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Only left side of z axis moves, doesnt move up, plus and minus reversed, other issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Justin Riera, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Justin Riera

Justin Riera Member

I just installed a new ramps into my R1+ and ran into a couple issues. First, only the left side of the z axis moves, and only down not up. Second, in mater control plus moves the x axis to the left. Ive updated my firmware to the leadscrew upgrade one and nothing. Also im having the issue where it tries to go too far to the right.

Robert L Hazzard Sr likes this.
  2. Ocsff

Ocsff Active Member

sounds like you may have some wires attached incorrect. Look at Novice experts u tube wiring video .

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Yeah definitely some loose connections

4. Justin Riera

Justin Riera Member

Alright i got all the wiring good but now im having what it is most likely software problems. First off, like i mentioned in the OP, everything is backwards. it homes to the right instead of left and the controls in mattercontrol is backwards for example plus dooes to the left and down and vice versa. Also, i noticed that the EEProm settings are zeroed out so when i home my printer it doesnt stop trying to go down and right. Any suggestions?

Robert L Hazzard Sr likes this.
  5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Are the steppers all moving in opposite directions? If so they are just connections flipped, if you say right and it moves left or you say back and it moves front then that is the likely cause.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. Justin Riera

Justin Riera Member

Yup. guess i was wrong.

7. Justin Riera

Justin Riera Member

Ok now i got that working but now there's more issues. When printing in cura, It tries to print wayyyyy to high in the air. I still cant fix the problem where it tries to go too far left,right, and forward on the bed.