1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved posting photos

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by eric tobin, Sep 18, 2017.

1. eric tobin

eric tobin Member

I have been able to post only one photo here. I understand that having a pic makes it a lot easier to help solve problems, but every time I have tried to post a photo I get "the uploaded file is too large for the server to process". these are just regular photos, not movies or anything like that. any ideas, and don't say if we had a pic it would be easier

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If we had...

I can't recall what the max size is but in your camera settings you should be able to turn down your quality to make it work.

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@eric tobin use a free hosting service like imgur.com. You can post nearly any size photo there and they also have automatically made links that you can just copy and paste into a message here. That way you can post all the photos you want (there is a limit of ten photos per post) without running into size limitations on this board.

Geof likes this.
  4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sadly the software for the forum restricts the size and most modern cameras/phone use a much higher resolution and bigger picture size than the forum will accept. I normally have to resize mine to 1024x768 in order to be sure they will upload. While that is a rather large size for HTML it is a rather tiny size for photos these days.

(my first digital camera was 640x480, but that was a long time ago)