1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer error Bed not heating up

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Omegagundam, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Shrey

Shrey Active Member

So far I’m getting really nice prints with it, i did however disabled the auto calibration and did full manual calibration. After which the parts stick everything I’ve been printing like that for last 4 days and haven’t had any issues with any of my prints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geof and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. undefined

undefined New Member

I'm curious to know how this worked out for you. I noticed the board connector you posted is only rated for 3 amps.

Both of my connectors are showing evidence of thermal damage (the cable connector is partially melted in the middle; the bed connector has some whitening of the plastic in the same area and oxidation on the pins). Replacing both connectors seems to be necessary, as I've started getting bed heating connection errors every time I try to start a run, but I'm wondering if replacing with the same parts is a long term solution. Thanks so much for posting all the part numbers!!!

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

While I do not have an R2 I do have a number of printers with heated beds and I have converted most of them to using Anderson Power Pole connectors. Deans connectors are another good alternative. Both come in high amperage ratings (I use 15a power pole minimum and often the 30a ones)

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

The difference between the 15 A Anderson Poles and the 30 A Anderson Poles is the size of wire which would be used with the connectors. The surface contact between two connectors is the same. So basically, the 15 A rating is actually a 30 A rating sized for a smaller diameter wire.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Exactly, just the size of the feed wire :) They can be crimped, but I usually solder those in place as well.