1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer had a stroke

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by LordPeq, Apr 7, 2022.

1. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Sooooooo.... I got a corrupted SD card on my last successful print. I found another image here on the forums but of course my printer now has a new name. This is fine, but I wonder what other settings might be off because while my auto bed leveling has been restored and everything moves fine, I think there's and issue with the steps per mm of the extruder stepper. I will post pictures of what I was trying to print and then what printed.... When I do the automatic filament change wizard, the extruder only "pulses" now, rather than a consistent and continuous extrusion. Am I right to think the steps per mm may be off?

Attached Files:

2. Lance Weston

Lance Weston Active Member

Pulsing extruder usually equals dead system board. ( sometimes if lucky turning the printer off/on will restore the extruder function) Try running the extruder without any filament and see if it is a loading problem. Did you unplug the extruder motor while the printer was on?

3. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Sooooooo... Some changes

I changed to a new image I found on the forum and now my printer is named Extroverted-Archimedes.

A few changes... PID Tune is gone, and now I have a Z offset issue which I researched and followed the remedy outlined here

Except.. that didn't work... I still have a Z offset problem... Is there any way I can just verify baseline configuration settings???

4. Lance Weston

5. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Thanks, I went to the older 1.1.7 firmware and was able to do the Z offset... running a test print now.

I will load the system board filed after this print... right?

6. Lance Weston

Don't fix anything that works

mark tomlinson likes this.
  7. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Do not try to use the latest R2/C2 firmware from Robo on the C2 or R2 -- there are issues.
    The FAQ (I think) states which is the last stable version. If you edit/roll your own firmware then that is fine :)

8. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

CAN'T SAY THAT LOUD ENOUGH OR OFTEN ENOUGH.

9. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Makes total sense... I will be staying on my current firmware and I doubt there will be an updated OS... so I am going to just call it "good"

Thanks for the help!

10. LordPeq

LordPeq Member

Makes total sense... I will be staying on my current firmware and I doubt there will be an updated OS... so I am going to just call it "good"

Thanks for the help!