1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AlienBeans, Feb 14, 2019.

1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Mostly from observation. All of the people who used to be partners there are largely gone. Braydon is the last one standing. Even our forum admin deity (Harry) has departed. They were having a lot of trouble marketing the R2/C2 -- there are a lot of threads here and elsewhere about those struggles (when you can't even get a working one delivered to a reviewer like Joel Telling -- you gots problems). It was too bad since conceptually both of those are nice machines, but the problems with getting working machines to buyers just got too bad. My C2 came damaged (I got it fixed, but...) many others did as well.

AFAIK they are pretty much focused on the E3 at this point (which is an educational target machine). The few that remain to focus at least :) I hope they succeed. They were in this mid-2013 and the previous products were not bad.

2. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If seasoning is not helping then I'd suggest replacing the nozzle. If they doesn't cure it then the entire hotend. Any E3D compatible nozzle will work fine. Since getting parts from Robo is a real crap-shoot (you should TRY though) you can buy a Hexagon generically from RepRap or Amazon. Then wire it in. That is the part that gets a bit nasty since you have to splice into their connectors (which is not too bad) or buy the type of connectors they used and install those on the new hotend. If you would rather go the last route we can help you since between myself and @WheresWaldo and a few others I think we have identified all of the connectors involved.

3. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Member

The last time they responded to my email, I got a response from a guy named Dan. I believe he has responded to my support emails before but now I get nothing from anybody.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Probably all gone.

If you are interested, start with a new nozzle (those are cheap) then graduate to a new hotend (those are not so cheap).
    I am betting it is an issue in the hotend-- you could verify that it is assembled correctly (see pic) since that is an easy check.

HotendHeatbreak.jpg

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

If it is assembled correctly and seasoning doesn't help then likely something is wrong with the heatbreak or the fans.

Which is why I suggested a replacement since the heatbreak is not something that you can just buy. Unlike an E3D where every little part is available for purchase, the Hexagon is not that way.

If you are interested in swapping to an E3D you will need to be able to print first and there is a thread by another member on how to modify the carriage to make that work. Unlike the R1 series, the C2/R2 don't allow you to directly swap in an E3D.

#25 mark tomlinson, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. AlienBeans

AlienBeans Member

So, I got an email from robo today. Sent from Dan (again). Guess what. NO RESPONSE, just a copy of my previous message to them (which was demonstrating a LOT of frustration. He closed the case. I check the robo site and my case was closed 19 days ago. How long before this community/forum goes away? They have to expect people to be upset when they don't get a response in over 2 weeks, so I can't imagine he closed my case because of that. It was closed long before that email apparently. I guess if I want this fixed so I can use my R2 I'm on my own (with this forum for help as long as its up, which I doubt will be much longer). We might should go ahead and find a place to gather so we can continue to assist each other and share ideas/prints (assuming your printers work).

7. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Worst case (which could be the case) we can always use slack :)
    Or something else.

8. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

In the mean-time we can try to help :) Here. If you can do the legwork
    There is a slightly larger challenge swapping in generic boards for the R2/C2 than there was for the R1 series, but not hugely worse.