1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Quick demo print?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AutopsyTurvy, Jan 26, 2015.

1. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

So I have various friends who are not particularly techy or into 3D printing come over and go, "You have a 3D printer? COOL, make it print something!" and then they're completely fascinated for like 5 minutes and then they're kinda sick of listening to it whirr away and it's just a noisy thing in the corner of the room for the next hour and then I'm like, "Here's.... some eyeballs because that's the last tiny thing I was printing, they're.... half circles with a flat side, idk man I wasn't prepared for this," and it's a bit crap.

I've printed a couple simple flat things now and then that are a 5 or 10 minute print, but they're all kinda boring... My printer does pretty good at highish speeds and I already have pieces I can show people that are super high quality for comparison, but I kinda want a neat "Here's a 3d printed neat doodad you can have" to whip up for people so they think I can do technomancy.

What cool things could one print quickly?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I just use one of the calibration prints like the Deprime_Test_Object

It doesn't take too long.

4. Montravont

Montravont Active Member

Dime sized yoda prints pretty quickly.