1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

R1+ feet with existing screw holes

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Lee, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Lee

Lee Member

I have designed a set of feet for the R1+ that use the existing screw holes in the bottom of the printer ( with bottom cover in place). I do not know if the R1 and the R1 + have the same hole patterns. If you decide to use it, you will need 4 screws that are about 1/4 inch longer than existing. On mine, the bottom cover is pushed down by the power connector. So I used the Right Rear Min for that. If yours is not, then you could use the Right Rear.

Here is the location: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1162384

Attached Files:

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Clever! I'm gonna add this to mine as well I think

would you be willing to share the solidworks file?

#2 Mike Kelly, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  3. Lee

Lee Member

Thank you. Glad you like it. I got the original idea for the feet from your posting on the enclosure. BTW, I made your enclosure and it works great. Thanks for the idea. I made some different hinges that do not require holes. I'll post it later. I'll add the Solidworks files (Student version). FYI, veterans are eligible to purchase the student version.

4. Lee

Lee Member

Here are the Solidworks files

Attached Files:

Mike Kelly likes this.
  5. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

Nice work @Lee. I ran into that issue as well and had to use my Dremel to shave a bit around the feet where the screws interfered. Incorporating the hole into the part is a nice touch. For the power plug pushing the bottom plate down a bit, I ran into that as well. I simply just used the dremel to shave the inner lip of the cover down flush with the cover at that spot. It was enough to have the cover sit flush. You are really coming up with some good designs.

bamhm182 likes this.