1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Raspberry Pi and display dead

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Omar Basha, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Omar Basha

Omar Basha New Member

Hi,

Just thought we'd share our current experience. Our machines screen went dead and on further inspection the pi was dead. Tested with a spare pi and same thing. Finally tried using only the hdmi cable or the touch screen cable and the pi booted but no display. Thought the display was dead so started stripping the machine. Once stripped we tested with an HDMI cable borrowed from the nephews Xbox, and voila we had display. So i reseated the ribbon to the hdmi connectors on the original cable and tested and it works.
    Moral here first strip and reseat stuff before replacing. I'm hoping this sorts it out permanently. Let me know if you had similar experiences.

Regards
    Omar

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Mounting and shipping have been issues from day zero with the R2/C2. They did some poor things with construction given that it needs to get tossed through a tumbler before you see it :)

3. kunicksbak

kunicksbak New Member

Thank you @RetireeJay. I just assumed it was configured correctly. When you mentioned that I decided to look for myself. That board had M212 X/Y/Z all set to 250. Set them all to 150 and we are back in business. Not to test some prints and see where we are at.

#3 kunicksbak, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2019