1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Replacing Main Board

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DavidR, Jan 19, 2018.

1. DavidR

DavidR Member

I have received a new main board. I opened up the rectangle under where the print bed normally rests. This is insufficient as theres a screw deeper in there that cannot be reached with a screwdriver that fastens the main board down. Is there a way to remove the entire black plastic layer that surrounds this? It seems like it should come off but its giving me some resistance and I don't want to break it.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

You can remove the entire base area cover on the C2 -- it pops out with some compression inwards. It has to come upwards and forwards once you bend the sides in a tad. I will let one of the R2 folks confirm how it is handled there.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

4. DavidR

DavidR Member

@Geof Thanks! I have just found an easier way for future reference. There are two ways:

1.) You can reach the screw by opening up the right vertical compartment

2. (easiest) These screws are actually screwed in the bottom as well in the following sense:

screw|mainboard|rod|screw (accessible from bottom)

That is the rods that these two screws are screwed into is itself screwed into the bottom, so if you unscrew the two screws from the bottom you can just lift out the mainboard with the screws still attached.

EDIT- To clarify for #2, I would unscrew the 2 most accessible screws and then the other two screws I would just unscrew the rods. This way when putting the new board in you can screw the 2 screws back in so the board is secure when you flip to the bottom to screw in the other 2 rods.

#4 DavidR, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Geof and mark tomlinson like this.