1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Replacing wear items!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by bdk127, Feb 9, 2019.

1. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

I have posted to a couple of threads here and thought I would start over. So I was having some print quality issues after about 18 months of light use. So I started with a new nozzle (e3d v6 hardened steel - 1.75 x 0.40 mm). After replacement I was having filament advance issues, where the gear was turning and the filment was not moving. So I replaced the gear with a recommendation from this forum. Did not seem to help and was experiencing the same issue! Then I took the lever off the top and the spring took to the air and never to be found again. sigh.. So I bought a close replacement from ACE hardware, and had to cut it down a bit. well still the same issue. I also turned up the heat setting to ABS and I was able to push it through when the gear was just spinning. Thi is not rocket science... but what am Imissing here? HELP!

Brian

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you please upload a photo of your Greg’s wade where the 2 bolts/springs are

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I’m betting the washers are missing that keep the hinge pressing (or maybe your hinge is broke- take lots of pictures)

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The R2 does not use a GregsWade, but I KNOW @Geof knows that :)

5. bdk127

bdk127 New Member

with that said... what pics do you want from my R2?

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Oooooooo my forum fu is weak today ! Thought R1 section. Pardon that.

On the R2 there is a hinge with a spring and bearing. Lift the cover off and snap a few photos. Also check the set screw on the toothed gear on the stepper is tight.