1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

RepRap XXL Control

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by Technidyne, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I also like it for baby stepping, and manual movement without needing to be on the PC

2. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

I also really like baby stepping on the LCD. It allows you to get a perfect first layer. Search for Ziggy's document on baby stepping if you end up getting one of the LCDs. It's nice to free up the PC from printing. I have not used the printer's USB port to print since last year.

3. ssshake

ssshake Member

I just got my XXL in the mail today and installed it in the traditional robo3d version plastics that I printed out the day prior. I really like it as is, but what you've done looks really good, I think I have to do this.

4. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

I case you decide to reposition it in the future here is the STL of the case bottom with the cable slot on the bottom. Use "Flat Ribbon 2x5 10 pint dual row IDC socket" connectors. I got these from Amazon prime http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DE5CTMK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . I made a 25" cable and had plenty of room to route it.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  5. deeph

deeph Member

After looked around I'm going to order the Graphic LCD one;)