1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Settings for better resolution

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Benjamin, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin New Member

On calibrating is there a way to get circles to be more of a circle? I know it isn't my model, but when I print anything with a circle or curve it prints more like an egg than a circle.

2. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

Have you checked your belts to make sure they are tight? my Y belt was lose and caused a small issue. check that they are tight and able to move freely without binding.

2 people like this.
  3. Benjamin

Benjamin New Member

I am sure the belt is set right. It actually repeats the egg shape all the way up the part. It is spot on. I had belt issues before I received the new bed and it would slip continuously and wreck the part. This will make a perfect egg all the way up a 5" part. When it is laying an outer circle, the infill actually in the front and back do not touch the perimeter while the rest of the infill goes right up to the perimeter.

4. Benjamin

Benjamin New Member

Could the egg shape possibly be the jerk settings in the EEPROM? My default X-Y is 17 mm/s and my Z is 0.4 mm/s. I have noticed that if it prints at an angle (front to rear of print in counter clock wise rotation) it shakes and gives a jagged circle. However when it goes from rear to front of print on it is really smooth and the output is also with no shaking of the printer/bed.

5. davmad

davmad Member

Have you tried CuraEngine within Repetier host?

6. Benjamin

Benjamin New Member

I have tried to slice with it, but didn't try to print the slice file. I will try looking at it again.

7. Benjamin

Benjamin New Member

Actually, I was looking at some old prints that I did with the old bed and observed that it made perfect circles. Since I put the new slide rails on the Robo3d R1 it has been making eggs for holes. Also, when the bed moves away from the front toward the back of the printer, it makes a noise that it doesn't make in the forward movement. Anyone have any suggestions?

8. Benjamin

Benjamin New Member

Sorry, but I was searching and it sounds like my issue might be failed linear bearings. I will order the ones that Mike recommended and give it a try.

9. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That or the belt really isn't, quite, tight enough

2 people like this.
  10. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

It really is a fine line. If I was making eggs that's the first place I would look. too tight can bind even if you don't feel it very much and too lose can slip. either way a belt issue can cause a problem from the top to the bottom of your print. I know it made mine bumpy. now I am silky smooth!

11. Benjamin

Benjamin New Member

I tightened the belt one tooth and it actually looks like it fixed the problem. I am afraid it is too tight, but I hope it will just stretch and not break. :)

12. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It certainly won't break. It's got kevlar strands.

more likely to cause binding on the stepper motor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.