1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

smaller size nozzle for C2

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by tkoco, May 7, 2018.

1. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

I've read elsewhere in these forums that the printer can use a smaller sized nozzle ( like a 0.3mm as an example). If one were to change the nozzle from the stock 0.4mm, how would one inform the printer/software that the nozzle is smaller?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

you set your nozzle size and extrusion width in the slicer. Make sure you slow down your overall print speed as well. Smaller nozzle= longer print times but you get the trade of higher quality prints.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

and without knowing which slicer/host program you are using we can't be more specific :)

4. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Fair enough answer. Since I use Linux, the "Windows-centric" software offered by ROBO 3D is of little use to me. So, I downloaded a copy of MatterHacker's software. Their Linux version of the software installed ok. Granted that the C2 printer is not officially supported, However, the R1 setting does work for the C2 printer via a work-around. I export the models to a STL file (via the USB stick) and load them on the C2 via the "Files" menu. Although it would be nice to get the official C2 settings for the MatterHacker's software.

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Someone using it (MatterControl) can perhaps export the settings and upload them for you.
    I am not sure if that is feasible or not, some slicers/host programs don't make exporting the configuration easy or sane.

6. tkoco

tkoco - -.- --- -.-. ---
    Staff Member

Thank you. I figured out how to get cura working properly in Linux, so I have deleted the MatterHacker program and will mark this thread as solved.

Geof, WheresWaldo and mark tomlinson like this.