1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Snapped parts on the Greg's Wade...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by max longstaff, May 22, 2015.

1. James Harry

James Harry Active Member

Can I ask a stupid question? Is there a bearing in the filament tensioner that pushes the filament against the hobbed bolt? I can't tell from the picture, but not having one would make it impossible to extrude. :)

Mike Kelly likes this.
  2. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

ye all bearings are in place

3. Mike Glass

Mike Glass Active Member

Heat the extruder to 240 let it sit for 10 minutes, then manually see if you can push filament and if you get a nice stream of plastic, also dip the filament in olive oil or canola and season it.
    I agree with Mike Kelly, that you may have the hob to tight, I screw mine in all the way and back off 2 turns, if it is too tight it will jam as it makes the filament to woobly.

4. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

ty :) have received a new hobbed bolt from robo today (the springs were tight for a different brand hobbed bolt to work) seems to be going okay so far i will keep updated

Mike Glass likes this.
  5. Kaan

Kaan Member

What's the update? (I'm guessing it's positive)

From reading the thread, I think either your hobbed bolt was damaged, pushed, or you pushed it at one point

I also damaged my hobbed bolt one time with a screwdriver, replaced it right away (was pushing the jammed filament with a screwdriver not noticing it would damage the hobbed bolt)