1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Snapped parts on the Greg's Wade...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by max longstaff, May 22, 2015.

1. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

Hi, I have had my Robo3D for a month or so and it recently started cutting out mid print but I put this down to a software issue, however now the printer stopped pushing filament through i thought this was an issue with the e3d v6 but upon closer inspection I noticed that there was a crack in the plastic holding the springs and had allowed the spring to push through I was able to get filament through by squeezing this and the stepper motor to get enough force to push the filament through. and when i pulled the filament out it had a odd shape from thick to thin back to thick again at the tip.

Do i need to order a new wade or can I super glue this?

2. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

3. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

ye that's the one i couldn't print at all so I took the part off and glued it together it had split in 2 places so when I unscrewed it well in 2 pieces. Thanks :)

4. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

thats all working fine now :) however im still only able to get it to push a little bit of filament through before it stops this is what it looks like.. IMG_0906.JPG

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

6. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

cool i will try both :) had tried both with the stock print head and stock hobbed bolt but for a while after i replaced them it worked perfectly without them so hadn't bothered ill get right on it :)

7. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

one more thing is whilst im printing large stuff the printer will randomly stop moving and act like its not printing but cura still says its printing?

#7 max longstaff, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  8. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

Printing off of USB?

mark tomlinson likes this.
  9. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Exactly the question. I was going to say it is a USB communications failure.

10. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

ye im currently printing from a usb im not used to working with sd cards on this machine i dont have a display or a controller for it :S

11. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

The printer is very USB hungry so make sure it is plugged into one of the powered USB ports. Then through a piece of tape over the connection to pull it tight to the PC. You can do the same on the Robo side too. That should keep you going for a little while.

If you have any other peripheral that might be a USB draw,like a camera, I would disconnect them.

Some people have reported some trouble with Mac books not delivering enough current.

12. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Probably throwing up an error like min temp or temp fall. Open up the terminal and watch for the original error.

13. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

I am still encountering problems with my printer to the point where if I weren't from the UK I would have sent it back without doubt. since day one I have had issues with this been able to get 3 successful prints from it which all required constant attention... my robo 3d r1 shipped pre clogged with little to no filament being able to get through which I have tried to fix but ended up having to get an e3d print head thats first one failed so I ended up buying this twice another £100 :/ the second worked for about a week now other parts are malfunction or completely breaking the stock hobbed gear is useless. I don't know what to do I'm an 18 year old uni student who spent around £1000 on getting this to England and on repairs and I still don't have a functional printer

14. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

15. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

contacted them they also had no idea what the problem is over the phone I tried everything they said to try and nothing worked

also probably payed a hefty bill for the phone call as im calling from the UK not gunna be nice to see my bill :p

16. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Schedule a 1 on 1 with a robo tech. That's over skype

mark tomlinson likes this.
  17. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Agreed, then they can see what is going on if you have a camera.

18. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

i had contact with them previously with images sent back and forth without them being able to figure out a solution

19. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Pictures of what issues you're having is appreciated

20. max longstaff

max longstaff Member

I honestly don't know what the problem is I've tried everything the print head was able to get filament through easily pushed by hand. so i assume that's fine i can replace the hot end heater if necessary i have 2 v6 volcano ones spare but not sure that's the issue either the gregs wade is most likely the issue i would print a new one but this is my only printer currently