1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

The horror... the horror....

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Island Bill, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Island Bill

Island Bill Active Member

I need to say here in this thread that currently I've got the Robo3D knocking the ball out of the park. It's really turning out some nice prints and doing so reliably, so long as I take the precaution of printing a few loops at low speed in order to manually adjust the nozzle height. Once that's done, I'm able to just walk away from it and get good results.
    I do however still balk at the notion that products which cost money can be so poorly supported with little or no repercussions to be paid on the part of the manufacturer. Folks, I understand about communal thinking and empowerment, and I'm all for it except in this one regard -- if a company asks for the trust of so many to Kickstart a product, that company has a moral obligation to ensure that it is delivering the best possible quality product. Otherwise, the individuals asking for the money are not holding up their end of the bargain. I hope that's clear to everyone here. Feel free to agree or not, but if you wish to oppose my point of view, have something in your arsenal other than weak comments about learning curves and bad apples, etc.

#81 Island Bill, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
  2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

“If you focus on your customer they'll take care of your business success.” – Evan Carmichael

3. Island Bill

Island Bill Active Member

You're GD right Mark! lol

4. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

Bill,
    So far my best upgrade has been getting rid of that shitty matter control software. My printer has had Terretz ever since i purchased it with randomly doing odd stuff (of just by not doing things consistently). I finally bit the bullet a few weeks back and purchased Simplify3D. Prints that came out pretty good with matter control looked like a 4 year old made them out of playdough (i know, as my 3 1/2 year old son had made nicer sculpts than i was able to print some things). The exact same part with Simplify3D turned out amazing, like 10 times better.
    If you are still using MC i would highly suggest the upgrade to S3D

6 people like this.
  5. Bim

Bim New Member

The Simplify 3D software is written by professionals, not college students working on the side. I changed also as I got tired of the wait for "writing intermediate file" to complete. Much better print control. I am also looking at changing the print head completely including feed system and would like a suggestion on replacement. My brother got a Cube for $600 closeout and it prints very well but very Cube oriented when it comes to parts and filament. Learning 3D printing is like the first plastic extruder machines. Cincinnati wore their service department out trying to keep machines in the field; I remember very well. Teaching the customer about die design; air must exit! Bill, quality costs money. Look at the lower cost items on the machine and replace with higher quality and your problems go away. Oh yes, I forgot to mention; all parts come from China for every printer.

6. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Did the Simplify3d programmers go to college?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in Canada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.