1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Upgraded to an E3D and now nothing works the same.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by mprinz, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It won't let you extrude if it thinks the extruder temperature is that cold.

I'd have to go look in the firmware (and I am lazy) but the minimum extrusion temp is around 179 if my memory is not too faulty. That may not be exact, but it is close (and a lot hotter than yours is reading)

#41 mark tomlinson, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
  2. mprinz

mprinz Member

Ok, sounds about right. I'm guessing my issue right now is that the thermistor is probably shorted out because that's what it is reading as a base temperature.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

That is a weird value for a shorted thermistor (they usually read closer to zero) and an open one will read stupid high, BUT... if it reads that all the time (and the extruder is working) then yep--it is broke. Good news is they're cheap, better news is that @Printed Solid has some that thread in with a metal case to make them less likely to break.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Of course, if your printer is still under warranty you can use the tech support form on the main page to request a replacement, but be warned... that takes longer than just ordering one (and, like I said, they are cheap). :)

5. mprinz

mprinz Member

got everything working again. thank you all so much for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.