1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Voltage problems?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Peter Joseph Rosado, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Peter Joseph Rosado

Peter Joseph Rosado New Member

Im having trouble with my printer. While on stand by the printer is fine, however as soon as I preheat the extruder and the bed the lights on the printer dim. As the print starts after a few layers the printer shuts down immediately. Could it be that theres a voltage problem? Is the power supply need to be changed?

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

If the power supply is failing it could provide minimal power and then fail with higher power draw. That would be the first thing I would check with the symptoms you describe.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sanity check the GCode terminal for any errors. Look all the way back to the start (when you connected to the printer). It very well could be the power supply or just the LEDs being weird and something else is stopping the printer.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

R1 +? Mine always did that and flickered until I moved the connection to the 12V PS. Check to ensure you have 12V out of hte power supply to the ramps board. Is there any issue when printing ? Or just the lights?

mark tomlinson likes this.