1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Web enabled Robo3d using Raspberry Pi and Octoprint

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by sjreggel, Feb 19, 2014.

1. PhantomTiarah

PhantomTiarah New Member

I'll see if they have any info... Just thought I'd check here first to see if anyone had monitored data usage over wifi.

Thanks!

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@PhantomTiarah I am sure the people at OctoPrint.org have an answer for this. I know that all communication outbound from OctoPrint is basically clear text (except for streaming video) and probably is very low in terms of usage. I also think you can use Snapstream instead of streaming video directly and it might save bandwidth as it will only send a jpeg at whatever interval you ask it to.

Even so, it definitely isn't Netflix. The video quality will be pretty low and you can also restrict the image size, I think the default that OctoPrint/mjpeg-streamer uses is 640 x 480 @ 10 fps.

PhantomTiarah and mark tomlinson like this.
  3. PhantomTiarah

PhantomTiarah New Member

Thanks for the info!

My husband has recently been playing around with different Pi configurations for retro gaming, so I'm excited to see what we can do with it on our R1+ as well. ☺

4. Domenic

Domenic Member

Is it possible to use and old phone, like an iphone or galaxy as a camera. Also does anyone have any good camera mounts for iphones or androids

thx

5. Sean Carson

Sean Carson Member

Check yeggi for phone mounts. I'm sure there are some that could clip to the robo. There are probably timelapse apps you can use to use too.

I'm actually creating a new pi camera mount now. I really suggest you try using the pi camera. It's cheap and really easy to use with octoprint.