1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

yet another! crit thread.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by collin, Nov 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well, hmmm. Not an auto-level user myself so some thought-troubleshooting would be involved :)

Is the nut in the picture initially level with the one on the other side and is the carriage sitting flat on both? If the two carriage nuts were not at the same starting point I could see maybe a bind on the threaded rod (have you lubricated that by any chance?). It seems (in theory) that if they were not correctly seated and starting at the same point you might get into this situation. Do the smooth rods move if you try to push-pull them around (maybe where they mount there is a loose/missing screw)?

Lastly there is a fine line for the belts between correctly tight and too tight (although I have not, yet, managed to cross that line and I have mine pretty tight).

2 people like this.
  2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Probably not level. Hold the opposite rod and rotate it until the nut seats properly. Then home the bed and slide the carriage across the X making sure it's a papers width throughout the movement.

3. collin

collin New Member

my bed would have to be level for that to work XD, i use auto leveling

4. collin

collin New Member

Is the nut in the picture initially level with the one on the other side and is the carriage sitting flat on both:
    yes
    the smooth rods are very sturdy ive got them braced at the top

well i think ive found a happy workable medium temporary "happy medium" but it needs to be fixed for sure.

5. collin

collin New Member

IMG_20141112_241138432.jpg IMG_20141112_241142721.jpg So ive added a small innovation to largely increase the consistency of the auto leveling process. take a look and tell me what you think.
    im testing in now

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.