1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Z offset weird autoleveling

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Simonpackman1, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

My printer keeps rinting at an odd angle. as it travels out on the x axis it goes up. not sure what is causing this.

I use simplify 3d
    here is my starting script:
    G28 ; home all axes

G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift Z by 5mm

M565 Z-0.96 ; set the offset for auto-leveling mechanism

G29 ; run auto-level

When I change the z offset it squishes the left side but continues to print high on the right side in the x direction...

I have the pla abs auto level R1

2. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

when I remove the m565 it prints level but higher than id prefer.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

4. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

is there another gcode command similar to m565 that simply lowers the overall z height from every probe? so it simply lowers the head without the auto leveling knowing? almost as if I disable the motors and manually lower the extruder but using the actual steppers. This way it doesnt change the auto bed leveling information

5. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

i actually have watched those. I checked my z axis motors and they are pretty level.

6. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

im just wondering if there is a gcode command that will do a ghost move on the printer where it simply lowers the z and the printer doesnt account for that change. I figure if I throw that in the script it will be a cure all. When i have the m565 it wacks out. when I take it off it prints very level

7. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

well i omitted the m565 code and made my first layer 10% in the the simplify 3D gui. Oh well, whatever works.

8. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

So you stuck a band-aid on an open wound. You would be much better in the long run if you figured out what was wrong with your Robo mechanically, then making software adjustments.

There is no gcode to make ghost moves. M565 is an adjustment to every point on the auto-level grid.

9. Frankn

Frankn Member

Here's a suggestion. Measure the parallelism of the X shafts to the bed.
    Lift the carriage and turn the nut up on the low side to get the shafts as parallel as you can.
    Now do the paper configuration adjustment.
    Now run just the first 3 layers of the test cube, stop it and examine the bottom of the cube layers.
    If they are smooth and glossy, and the nozzle doesn't drag on later layers, you are in like Flynn.
    Frank.

10. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

wow...

well I took a break from the printer and came back to tinker. After fudging the last print, which was a complete success, I was inspired to remove the band aid and go to work. I started by trying my old script again. It printed too high, but, it was all even. After fiddling with the offset in m565 I got it back to the way it was.

I'm guess 1 of 2 things.
    I had shutdown the printer for a solid hour (i doubt that did anything)
    I restarted simplify 3D (possibility)
    I also download a fresh copy of the robo 3D firmware and changed it to my liking. (most likely reflashing did the trick).

I don't think it was mechanical because the entire time I have not touched my printer physically.

Thanks for the help.

11. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

I missed that flat squished beautiful surface. The bottom of all of my prints are like glass.

12. Simonpackman1

Simonpackman1 Member

its like rice paper. I want to eat it. 3D printer that uses rice filament. I'd buy that.

13. Frankn

Frankn Member

LOL, I remember when the Japanese 2D printers used rice paper.
    I also remember the Navy printing there top secret info on a corn starch paper. If they had to ditch, they flooded the files and turned it into alphabet soup. Frank.

Attached Files: