1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Does Anyone know which order number the Robo Team is on?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by agump, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic-Goat

Magic-Goat Member

Received my order the other day #2100. Came with a cooling fan on the Ramps pre-installed, but it's quite noisy and small so i may swap it out for an upgrade, works fine though, did a 4 hour print with no problems. It prints a bit wobbly but it should be fine once i add the Z axis supports. For some reason when setting it up i had to manually install the drivers before any program would recognise the printer (windows 7, 64-bit). My prints seems to stick pretty well on the heated bed, without any glue/tape, is there any reason to use these if my prints are sticking without them?

Also, @Aienan that collection is really helpful, thanks!

2. Chrisinnewark

Chrisinnewark Member

Has no body really posted anything since 10th April. Is that because no one has heard any news? I placed my order just over 6 weeks ago and have still not heard anything despite being told by Jerry that I should receive shipping details within a few days when I enquired over a week ago.

3. JohnD

JohnD New Member

If Jerry said that and you haven't heard anything there was more than likely a problem with the printer they assigned to your order and they are getting it fixed

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

4. Chrisinnewark

Chrisinnewark Member

I've been a keen follower of this thread now for some time but today I can happily say is my last post. I ordered my PLA Robo3D printer on the 3rd March, order #2176. The only other thing I ordered were some of the stickers (I thought they'd look cool on my laptop). I received an email on the 21st April to say that my printer had been shipped and I'm glad to say that it arrived today (25th April). I live in the UK by the way. So from initial order to delivery was just over 7 weeks.
    Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and play!

3 people like this.
  5. Forever_Learning

Forever_Learning New Member

I am order #22xx i ordered mid march with a wait time of 4-5 weeks and i havent heard anything yet. this is great to hear. I should be getting an email within the next few weeks. Have a great time with your printer!!

6. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

Great thanks for keeping us posted.

7. juggernaut

juggernaut New Member

still waiting for mine,updates would be nice through in an e-mail(unseen problems arise i would be more than understanding),mines over due by 1 week and starting on 2 months of waiting,on a 4-6 week estimated wait.
    customer communication on a pricey object would be certainly a thing of pleasure. I have bought customized laptops and problems arose telling me my order was going to be behind.
    not hearing anything makes me nervous and feel like i am getting took.

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Don't stress juggernaut. They're a tiny company with some growing pains, and what's suffering most for them is communication time. Laptop manufacturers have entire teams devoted to customer communication. Robo3d simply can't afford that and is being handled by 1 or 2 people that have other roles in the company as well. Finding time to handle all the tech support requests is challenging enough, let alone answering everytime some requests their order status.

I can tell you for certain that they are receiving a shipment of 500 printers today, and they'll be flying off the shelves soon.

2 people like this.
  9. Qhuy

Qhuy New Member

That's a great new. Thanks Mike.

10. juggernaut

juggernaut New Member

not totally worried, just more anxious than anything, glad to hear parts coming.
    it still no excuse for lack of communication, i run a small mechanic shop, and if don't communicate to customers it leaves me out of work and customers that don't return.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It's not an excuse it's the reality of the situation. They very well could be losing business because of it, but they have a product that speaks for itself.

12. savior2064

savior2064 Member

Just to let everyone know my printer is on its way home should be here by monday. Order # 2167. Also just received a email that it will have the auto bed leveling kit.

13. juggernaut

juggernaut New Member

that gives me an idea of where mine is at...#22xx, that puts me out another couple weeks yet, which puts me at almost 3 months waiting. which isn't all bad, for something that is more or less hand built and needing calibrations before shipping.

14. Montravont

Montravont Active Member

Picked up my printer last night: #2239. Has the auto leveling in the firmware.

FYI, be wary of the auto leveling and printing stuff in the version of MatterControl that ships with the printer. Mine had some major issues that I likely wouldn't have figured out for a while if Mike hadn't helped me sort it out.

Auto leveling via Repetier & Cura seems to work fine, but you'll need to add the z-offset. For Cura you'll need to install a plugin to do this. I'll be testing this tonight and I'll let you know how it goes.

2 people like this.
  15. ssshake

ssshake Member

When did you place your order? And do you know what the advertised wait time was at the time your ordered?

16. Montravont

Montravont Active Member

I placed my order back on 3/17, but it got intentionally held up by my choice so I could get the upgrades installed. The lead time was accurate for the original pick-up as I could have gotten it on 4/14.

As for the upgrade, there was only actually around a 5 day delay past the proposed pick-up date.

They're actually on track for time except that I think someone mentioned something about possible upgrades to units. So that might set things back a bit, but if your order is an upgraded one at least you have that going.

17. gstercken

gstercken Member

Hm, that's weird. I ordered mine on 3/11, order #2208. However, no shipment yet. I have been inquiring since April 21 (after the initial lead time of 4-6 weeks had passed) and always got prompt replies (from Jerry) that my printer "should ship by the end of the week", "has been labeled as ASAP", "will go out tomorrow" (that was 10 days ago), and then again "due to ship this week". The week ended, and still nothing. So it really looks like the shipments are not really being processed in the same order as the ordering date/#. Mine is being delayed, and I don't understand why. :(

18. Kadows

Kadows Member

I got number 2183 and just like you I have been told "the end of the week" for the last two weeks now. Yesterday it was 9 weeks since I ordered.

19. Montravont

Montravont Active Member

What was the model of your printers? Just pla or abs+pla?

I know they just got a huge shipment of stuff in and they had a delay on getting some parts.

Often with stuff like this you'll be assigned a printer when you place your order and if there are errors during the testing of your specific printer they will fix the error instead of assigning a new printer. So parts delays can cause older units to go out later.

Also additional time may be added to orders if they are being upgraded.

As Mike has said, Jerry has many hats at Robo. He's doing his best to keep on top of things. But they're a small company doing big things and sometimes things get out of order.

It's a tough wait, but you'll be glad you did it.

2 people like this.
  20. Kadows

Kadows Member

I ordered a PLA+ABS.

I understand what you are saying, that might be the case. I just don't see how that is fair. So let say "my printer" had an error, not only do I get a printer who maybe is "repaired" and might break again, I also have to wait longer? How is that fair? "-Hey, the printer we was going to send to you was broken so you have to wait another 5 weeks until you get it!". These things has to be first come first serve.
    And again, I understand that they are struggling and they are a new company that grew fast. I understand that the communication can be a little slow because they are busy and so on. But hey, first come first serve is not that hard. Got a printer ready to ship? Send it to the next in line.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.