1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Does Anyone know which order number the Robo Team is on?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by agump, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gstercken

gstercken Member

PLA+ABS too, here.

Thanks for your explanation, Montravont. Yes, I also understand by now (after reading up here in the forum) that they are indeed still a small company, and that Jerry has to take care of many other things, first and foremost, aside from replying to customer support emails. And yes, my printer is getting the free upgrade, which I'm really happy about, and which sort of compensates for the extra wait.

I just wish they were more pro-actively approaching their customers whenever another delay is imminent, instead of waiting for them to inquire, and then applying the "salami-slice strategy" (tomorrow, this week, by the end of the week, maybe tomorrow, etc.), but just give realistic estimates.

In my case, I had a specific deadline (May 5) for the delivery of the printer. When I ordered on March 11, I decided in favor of the RoBo3D because that deadline sounded feasible, with the announced 4-6 weeks lead time, plus some extra margin, plus international delivery time. If I had known back then that the lead time would actually be more like 9-10+ weeks, I would have definitely opted for a different printer (the Solidoodle 4th gen, with a lead time of only two weeks, even at $300 more). The timely delivery was more important to me than the cost. However, even after explaining this to Jerry, and his commitment to speed things up, the deadline passed, and nothing happened. I'm still waiting, no update, no reliable, dependable shipment date so far. If I had been told back on April 21 that my order wouldn't be fulfilled for at least another 3 weeks, I would have cancelled my order with Robo3D, asked for a refund, and ordered a different 3D printer with shorter, more predictable lead times. That's why I'm somewhat disappointed.

2. savior2064

savior2064 Member

Guess what guys!!! My printer came in, I fell like a little kid right now.... My order was #2167. I had to wait about 8 weeks when I quoted 4-5 weeks. But it was well worth the wait they even gave me the upgraded version due to the wait time. Thins printer is awesome. already printed a working mini whistle.

3. Montravont

Montravont Active Member

Savior: Please post a picture of the whistle if you're able. We are curious to see if you have a certain effect going on with your prints.

4. juggernaut

juggernaut New Member

#2167<---------- jelly
    mine is #2223 and i am at 2 months tomorrow. this really sucks. I want my nerdgasm!!!!:p

5. Josef

Josef New Member

I was #2502 PLA Only and got mine yesterday. It shipped a week after ordering and then arrived a week after that.

6. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

Interesting Josef. My ABS+PLA order was #2462 and still waiting, maybe that means mine is getting close.

7. gstercken

gstercken Member

My guess is that Josef's delivery was quick because it's the PLA-only model, which is no longer in production, so it was probably taken from existing stock. From what I understood, the latest batch of ABS+PLA models (that just came in from China) is currently being upgraded to include the new features, and that's what's taking so long. My order is #2208, and I'm also still waiting.

8. gstercken

gstercken Member

Just received my shipment confirmation email for my order #2208. :) Finally! Thanks to the Robo3D team (especially Jerry) for working hard on getting the printers out of the door, and yeah, sorry for being so impatient... I was really just hoping for my May 5 deadline to be fullfilled. But I hope the free upgrade was worth the additional wait. I'll report back with first impressions as soon as my printer arrives (probably another 5-7 days from now).

9. Kadows

Kadows Member

#2183 just got shipped too! Awesome!

10. juggernaut

juggernaut New Member

67 Days -- or -- 9 Weeks and 4 Days, told 4-6 weeks, my estimation 1.5 months behind schedule, meaning mine is out by at least another 2 weeks + before it goes out their door, looks like maybe 20 of them a week.:eek::oops:

11. Eric

Eric New Member

Order 2449 running the fifth week, i hope it will be shipped this week as was promissed :D

12. Kirk

Kirk Member

Order 2276. Tomorrow is week 8 and no ship notification but from the sounds of it there getting close and i got an email last week saying that they just received a shipment of 500 more printers. With that and there trade show done hopefully its coming up soon!!! :) cant wait to try it out :D

13. juggernaut

juggernaut New Member

by the looks of things you guys will be waiting for a while.
    1st mistake........holding everyone's orders for upgrades with out asking if they were wanted first.
    2nd mistake first come first serve not followed.... you got this printer it's broke you wait for parts to fix........
    3rd mistake not working weekends to get stuff done(ask any rich person how many hours a week they put in)

I start week 11 tomorrow. no ship email yet. no actual status on printer, very poor business planning,no communication, should have ordered from someone else by the looks of things i am seeing in this forum.

they have time for posting on facebook, but replying to an email from a paying customer is avoided or customer is given run around. ships tomorrow, this week,next week...... no reply at all.

extremely disappointed.

14. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

I feel the same. It wouldnt bother me to keep waiting, but i have commercial uses for this and specifically asked if the 3-5 week delivery time was accurate, due to scheduling of work from paying customers. I was told i would have one in time. Monday makes 5 weeks and i have already lost 5 customers due to them not wanting to wait any longer (i could of had my 2nd choice printer already by now) To make it even more frustrating, the full cost of the order was charged immediately. I dont mind being charged as long as there is Communication at the minimum of Weekly from the company explaining what is going on. It doesnt take but a few minutes to give all of your customers an update on whats going on and where your at with orders, Especially when you apparently have the time since they are posting on Twitter and Facebook.

3 people like this.
  15. juggernaut

juggernaut New Member

as far as i am concerned my patience is done........I am pretty sure a class action suite is possible by looking over the facebook page and the numerous complaints of overdue printers. well over 6 weeks quoted wait by at least 2-3 weeks plus on almost everyone of them.
    the quote placed in the e-mail receipt is a binding contract, that contract has been severely broken.

16. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

Yea if my wait ends up being that long ill be pretty overit as well. Im sure the guys are working hard to get these things out as quickly as possible. They are still a pretty young company so im sure allot of this is growing pains in getting things situated and in order.

But it would still be nice to get a weekly or even Bi-weekly update on the order #'s being shipped or having been shipped, that way all of us waiting can come up with a rough estimate on when to likely expect a shipment.

2 people like this.
  17. AxisLab

AxisLab Well-Known Member

Initial kickstart Period had some waiting nearly a year. Now since then they are pushing it less than 8 weeks. With some in the 2-3 week range.
    You guys really need to open your mind on the process of what needs to be done and what you are buying.
    They are putting every penny into building a tested and reliable machine.
    500 just came in recently, can you imagine how long it takes to final assemble, test, calibrate and properly pack each one with only a small handful of guys? 20 out a day as one said is impressive even. Once you find out what 3d printing is really about you may understand.

The easy answer is "hire more people" But I think you miss the point of what they are doing. They are building one of the CHEAPEST company owned, supported and backed printers on the market. Pretty much working twice as hard as those that charge twice as much. Sure they could hire more people but where do you think the price goes? Straight into the cost you would pay.

I understand about being told 5 weeks and it now being 7-8+ or more but really, it is worth it for what they are trying to do.
    They have been pretty public here about the wait. Its all about testing and even upgrading to give customers the best they can get for the price, yet people even still complain.

One guy working five jobs can't answer every facebook post when the more important job is getting one more machine out the door.
    Which one would you rather have? Answering facebook all day or mailing the machines to you?

4 people like this.
  18. Invertmast

Invertmast Active Member

I think you underestimate people.

I own and operate a one man business (me) in a very small niche market. When i have customers who are paying $500-9,000 for product or services, i make sure to respond to their concerns within a reasonable time frame (24-48hrs). When there are any significant advances or setbacks that will change delivey schedules, they are called personally. This is all done while also working a full time job thay consumes 40-70hrs of my time a week.

I dont expect this type of communication from Robo because honestly, its not realistic when you have hundreds of customers and items to ship out.

What i do expect (because their posts on twitter and facebook indicate they have some time) is that they atleast do a weekly update either here or on the social media sites saying where they are. If you have enough time to say "hey! Look at the Robo R2 coming this winter", you have enough time to say "orders xxxx through xxxx shipped this week and xxxx to xxxx expected to ship next week".

Im sure (hope) the printer will be worth the wait, i just hope i get to find out sooner rather than later.

2 people like this.
  19. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

You really want to destroy a small start up because you're being inconvenienced by 3 weeks? That's possibly the most selfish thing I've ever heard.

3 people like this.
  20. juggernaut

juggernaut New Member

3 WEEKS? mines over due by 4 weeks i started the 5th week today, the receipt in mail is binding contract that i would receive a product in 4-6 weeks give or take a couple. not a month late +

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.