1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved PTFE tube for the rubber extruder mod

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Prak Coton, May 5, 2016.

1. Prak Coton

Prak Coton New Member

Hi,

Just got my Robo 3D Plus and I mainly need to print in TPU. I got the mod for it, but I cannot find where I can get the PTFE tube?

Does anyone know the OD i need to get? And if there is a local store I could pick it up so I dont have to wait? Lowes and Home Depot carry sizes but they are too large.

Lastly, anyone have a picture of the tube installed? Or advice on exactly how to put it in?

Thanks!

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I bought mine on amazon. 2mm id 4 mm od. I think the thread @mark tomlinson has for you might have the link to it. I didnt have any luck at a local store but it would be worth a look.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The first tube I used was (seriously!) a small plastic tube from an R/C hobby shop. Gas line I would guess.
    I just had it laying around and it fit :)

I later replaced it with 2mm/4mm PTFE and that is what I used on the second one as well.

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Ptfe tube here as well. I think its one of those things you need a tube... but any number of them may or may not work for you. Going to have to play with it and see what works best for your set up

5. josh.2o

josh.2o New Member

Honestly you can get away with the inside of a pen with the ink removed. You just gotta find the right size.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Prak Coton and mark tomlinson like this.