1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved 1st level and ledding, checking, LED modding

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DobryG, Sep 29, 2016.

1. DobryG

DobryG Member

It should be like that in digits
    Screenshot_3.png

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Using the M565 directly in your startup GCode a larger negative value starts the extruder further from the bed and a smaller negative value starts it closer. Since I do not use MC I can not tell you how their interface handles the values. You can try the matterhackers forum (the ones who wrote it) if nobody else can help : https://forums.matterhackers.com/

3. DobryG

DobryG Member

what you use? I'm gonna try another firmware

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I doubt this is anything related to firmware. I would suspect MatterControl first and foremost.
    There are a number of free slicer/host programs out there:
    Cura, Repetier host, etc. Feel free to try them and see if you can't get the Z offset entered into the Startup GCode block, something like this:

G28 ; home all axes
    M565 Z-1.0 ; set the offset for auto-leveling mechanism -- adjust this to get a perfect 1st layer
    G29 ; run auto-level

We use Simplify3D.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I think he believes the slicer is his firmware ? The software you put your model in and press print is your slicer, you dont want to play with the firmware for this issue

6. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

I mainly use Cura. It is free. There is a whole thread on how to set it up under the Software forum. I would suggest downloading the older 15.04.6 version instead of the 2.x version. There is already a profile in the 15.04.6 for the Robo and you can adjust the start gcode like Mark mentioned easily.

https://ultimaker.com/en/products/cura-software/list