1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Hardware error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by capecodcharlie, Aug 16, 2016.

1. capecodcharlie

I did get to Robo , and there out of a few thing I wanted , but the young lady was very nice , said she would get things out as soon as they received them ,,

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

What do you need?

3. capecodcharlie

It was the thermistor I,wanted , but I ordered a new extruded ,,when I orderd they had some , ran out as I did get threw to,them and will,get it out hopefully this week ,,the gal on the phone was very nice ,,and helpful , I did get a thermistor , Installed , that worked fine but I have a number of other things going on with it ,

4. capecodcharlie

I have found that I can lift the carrage very easy ,and then have to move it to get it to,sit back down on the nuts , , is there a way to,tighten it down so,it does not move up ?? I messed with it for a number of hours and then all of a sudden it did the bed calibration in the air 2 - 3 " up , and then it started to,print up there , that's when I cried , , can not get it to,work right ,

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

It sounds like your z end stops are not seated correctly.

6. capecodcharlie

Is that the place where the carrage comes down and hits the switches ,

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

If you attachphotos of them I'll take a look in the morning but basically there is a button on the switch, if you can see that button with the carriage in the air you have found the issue. There is a Phillips screw with a nut on the other side, if you take that loose you can slide the switch backup against the carriage,tighten the screw and do a paper level. I'm off to bed but if you have issues take somephotos and I'll check back in the morning when I wake up.

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

The little black microswitches on the brass nuts on the threaded rods. There are two wires going to each

9. danzca6

Well it is designed to go up, but should also go down easily. That is how bed probing works on the Robo. The nozzle tip pushes off of the bed lifting the x axis off of one of the z endstops. So you don't want to keep it from going up, but you want it coming back down easily.

10. capecodcharlie

I,think I'm following you , I'll put the pictures up late morning , I have to meet a guy for an inspection , I appreaciaced the help , Thanks

11. capecodcharlie

No it was going up and down very easy , it would come down and hit the button on the switch , but on the left side it would seem to push hard , middle a little less , on the right it seemed,to go down to the bed nice and stop,But when it printed it would rub hard on the glass till it got a bit higher , Then all of a sudden when I went to try another piece it started printing in the air , ??.

12. danzca6

ok...I think I understand. Getting some pics will help see what might be causing the issue like @Geof mentioned above. A video would be even better, but pics of the enstops on each side should help. Sorry to hear you are having so many issues.

13. capecodcharlie

No I think it's great you guys are out there willing to dig in and help , I'll post some pics in the morning Thanks

14. capecodcharlie

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Some pictures of the micro switches , image.jpg

15. danzca6

OK, great detail in the pics. Always appreciated. So it looks like you have an older R1 with auto leveling. One thing I noticed is that your left side of the X axis (without the motor) is higher than your right. Detailed pictures....I was able to count the threads and about 8 threads higher. ;) OCD...yes! You can do a paper leveling to make sure the X and Y are as evenly spaced from one another as possible. That always helps the ABL routine work at it's best. Now have you ever used a terminal window? You can send an M119 command to get the status of the endstops. We only have Min stops so ignore any Max readings if displayed. Just remember that the Z axis has reversed logic. You can use that to play with if the endstops are doing what they should while troubleshooting. What is the readout of your G29 (auto bed leveling) command in the terminal window? It should show at what X/Y point each Z probing touched the bed relative to the Z0 position set during the G28 (home all axis) command. Also, when it homes all axis, is it homing z on the middle of the bed or off to the left side? Just for point of reference.

Geof likes this.
  16. capecodcharlie

O K , thanks , I had a boiled inspection and a new state inspector and he like all the others what things differant , long day , Any way I see what you were talking about on the differance of the threaded rods , so I brought them down by lifting the carrage up and screwing them into the same height , I did the paper test , bed to extruder , I think there not bad , ,, Now as for the terminal window , I'm lost never heard of it , or the G 29 or G28 , Can you put me on to it , I'm very new here but willing to learn , I was try the printer out after I got the extruder working and did a couple of small Prints , they were not coming out to good to say the least , I then went to a differant item and then the machine went nuts , When after heating bed and extruder Nd went to print , it rose up 2-3" , then went to calibrate the bed , also at 2-3" up , that's when I said enough , and called for HELP , AND AS YOU CAN SEE I STILL NEED HELP , THANKS

17. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

What slicer do you use ? Matter control?

18. danzca6

What are you using for printing your models? MatterControl? Cura? Simplify3D?

Edit: DOH! Geof...haha

19. capecodcharlie

Yes

20. capecodcharlie

Matter control