1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Horizontal Ridges in ALL of My Parts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by adikted2astro, Aug 22, 2017.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@adikted2astro I am not quite to that point, but I will be starting a teardown of the R2 in a couple of days. I will make an effort to remove the Z axis motor and lead screw and will be documenting the procedure. If it can wait a few days you should have at least a good idea of how to do it yourself.

2. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

Thanks Waldo, I'll be looking forward to it. It seems to me that you work for Robo; is that the case? If not, I just wanted to mention that they contacted me back and told me they would provide a procedure to replace the z-axis lead screw in their online documentation. Told me a few days.

Granted, I am a mechanical engineer, so I am pretty sure I figured out the best method. But, $1500 is a lot for a graduate student, so I want to make sure the procedure I use is the recommended method. The last thing I want to do is cause more harm to the printer.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

None of the moderators on here work for Robo.
    Harry, Jerry and Braydon... yep. All Robo folks :)

4. adikted2astro

adikted2astro Active Member

Well, I installed a new lead screw and z-axis motor and it seemed to completely fix the problem. And after Robo finally sent me some instructions, the replacement wasn't hard and only took about 45 minutes. One thing to note is that without those instructions, I probably would have harmed the printer more. I had no idea the entire gantry was a sub-assembly of the printer. I would not have thought it would come out so easily. Robo should post instructions online that show how to disassemble the entire printer.