Changing the filament on the Robo 3D R1 was quite a chore as it required you to remove two screws and struggle with the two tensioning springs that like to go flying around. Then you had to heat up the extruder, pull out the filament, load the new filament, close the tensioner, reinstall the two screws washers and struggle getting the springs to allow you to get the screws threaded into their nuts, and then adjust the proper spring tension again. After going through all of that, filament changes didn' t get done very often, and only if I was feeling ambitious. I determined that the worst part of the task was due to the screws and springs. I felt that if the screws could just fold up out of the way and the springs could be captive and have a tab to help compress them while you close the door, then switching the filaments would be an easier task and would get done more frequently. The modification should be only simple hardware and require no modifications to the extruder parts. I searched through my extensive hell box for suitable replacement screws and hinged standoffs, nuts, and I even found some plastic tabs with a hole that fit the screw shaft. I had just received a replacement hobbed bolt and I decided now was the time to do a tear down to install the new and improved hobbed bolt, and my modification of screw hardware. Attached are photos of my modification with the extruder open and closed. I am very pleased with how nicely it functions and I can now switch filaments much more easily, and I do not dread the task anymore. I have scoured the internet hardware suppliers looking for the proper components to replicate this modification for sale as an upgrade kit but I have not yet found all of the required components without custom tooling to fabricate some parts. If there was sufficient interest I would consider doing the necessary tooling and put together an upgrade kit of parts.