1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Negative values on Z ehile printing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by crazas, Aug 19, 2015.

1. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

@Frankn sorry if that came off kind of harsh, I was having a bad day with an access point. But just so you know, when anyone uses anecdotal information and passes it off without qualification, it isn't good for the whole community, that is why I was adamant about making sure you understood the concept of zprobe_offset correctly. I should have just said it in a more pleasant but firm fashion.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Nuclear weapons were not involved. All good :)

3. Frankn

Frankn Member

Hay, Everyone has there own personal opinions about the function of things. I just happen to like mine best. LOL Frank

4. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Hey, I know you meant this as a joke, but when it is your opinion then state so very plainly otherwise some will accept it as factual.

5. Frankn

Frankn Member

Well, as stated before, I call them as I see them. When I make an observation, I express my opinion based on that observation.
    You are welcome to make your own observation and state your own opinion. But remember opinions are just that, not fact, not fiction.
    Newton and Einstein didn't agree on gravity. The choice belongs to the observer. Frank Funny face-flower.jpg

6. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Wow @Frankn , in light of facts presented by someone actually working with the firmware code, you are choosing to spout off opinions contrary to those facts. I am not even sorry to tell you that your opinion is wrong and you know where it belongs.

7. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

8. WheresWaldo

Staff Member

Yes, our version is a kludge, M565 was never supposed to be included in Marlin Firmware. In the Marlin 1.1.0 GIT Repository they eliminated this code (or maybe it was never submitted as a pull request) and went to using their approved M851, I had a few emails exchanged with the developers about this very topic. That said, if you ever decide to move to 1.1.0, and there are a lot of underlying code fixes and other reasons to do so, you will need to learn to use M851 rather than M565.

As soon as 1.1.0 becomes a RC, I will do a pull request with my Configuration.h, so the RoboR1 can be added in the release.

9. Frankn

Frankn Member

Opinion, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder to judge for themselves.
    To say someone is wrong on what he has stated that he observed is a 40 pace offense.
    You are good on code, but you have to work on attitude a bit. Frank.
    _Ospray claw 700.jpg LOL

10. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Let's all play nice.