1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Shipment has arrived!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

That kinda sucks as I could have saved myself fifty dollars :(

Ahh well, looks like my printer should arrive early Dec going by the numbers :(

E2A: Just had word from Technical Support that I should get my shipping confirmation email sometime this week! With any luck it should arrive just inside November.

/nips off to ebay for some PLA.

2. djchew

djchew New Member

I agree. If they are shipping all as fully assembled printers, then they should throw in free PLA or ABS to make up for the extra cost we paid for the fully assembled, ignoring the amount of time we have waited.

I also got an email saying that mine would be shipped this week. However, I have yet to see them actually make an estimate, so I am not holding my breath. But I will be contacting them to let them know if it does not ship like they said it would since that will be the third time the estimate was missed, if they do miss it.

3. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Yay, got a very nice surprise in my inbox this morning. My shipping confirmation came through, my printer has shipped and they've confirmed that my ABS upgrade payment went through OK!! looks like it will arrive not just before christmas, but this month!

So, let me take this time to officially eat humble pie as I said I'd be staggered if it arrived before next year and say a big thank you to the Robo 3D team.

This week, I will mostly be refreshing my DHL tracking information :)

4. Das Wookie

Das Wookie Active Member

djchew: We paid for assembly. We are getting assembled. The analysis you are making here is backwards. The folks who DIDN'T pay for assembly are getting something extra for free because it eases the complexity for the Robo guys. I think you are forgetting what an astonishing deal we all got for our printers when compared to the others on the market. We are getting assembled printers which are far superior to many out there which are in that same ballpark price and also are getting terrific support for them, from a group of guys which stand behind their product and when things are wrong, they make it right.

That extra amount of time waited also means we are getting a MUCH better printer than the one we ordered. Yeah, it sucks to have had to wait longer, but I for one am GLAD to have had the extra time taken to produce such a terrific printer. Could there be upgrades / changes / mods which had made the printer better. You bet. I've already made some of those to mine. Will there be updates for the v1.2 unit which we wished ours had... sure! We have the option of updating at that time, sticking with what we have, or trying to develop the mods ourselves. Some in the community have already come out with some great updates/upgrades, some of which the Robo team have incorporated into the v1.2 design. It takes a village. We're all in this together... and nobody is being ripped off or cheated.

2 people like this.
  5. NickW

NickW New Member

Congrats Alex, here is hoping it doesn't get screwed up in shipping! As an online purchaser I sure hope I can get mine before christmas, planning on using mine to make some custom gifts for some friends.

6. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

I snagged one of the very last May slots, so I would guess there's a very good chance of you getting yours before Chrimbo.

Just checked, mine has left LA en route for Bristol, woot!

7. James

James Member

Just be ready to contact robo support and waiting a little longer to use printer, mine arrived 2 weeks ago. Was out of town for a week tho. Got it opened and checked everthing out. Zrod supports were broken.

So CHECK over everything. Read the articles posted on the forums for other issues people have had and CHECK for them on your printer when it arrives.

8. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Mines been shipped direct from San Diego so hopefully it'll be properly calibrated and packed.

9. djchew

djchew New Member

My printer shipped on Friday and arrived today.
    DHL lost my address. Lucky for me I called them to see when it was coming and they got the address from me.
    I have heard of others with this issue with DHL and shipments from the US to Canada.

10. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Must have been same batch as mine as that arrived today at 11:30 as well. How much did they charge you in duty?

11. djchew

djchew New Member

Importing/duty fees was $124.00 Canadian (118.37 USD/87.43 EUR).

12. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Ouch! More than UK :(

13. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

+1 on that ouch.

14. djchew

djchew New Member

It was also a full assembles, ABS model, with two 1KG spools of filament. All of that put up the retail cost and therefore the fees. That, and, shipping companies are crooks :p

15. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

And here was me thinking Customs and Excise charged the import duties.

16. djchew

djchew New Member

The government of the country which the item is imported into charge the customs duties, but I am sure that the shippers add an extra fee for acting as the broker in the importing/customs process. I could not find any details on DHL's site as it if they do or do not charge for brokerage and how much.

Edit: Found it. http://www.dhl.ca/content/dam/downl.../rate_guides/dhl_rate_transit_guide_ca_en.pdf
    "When DHL advances duties and taxes" 2.5% or minimum of $10.00.

Order was $861.85 USD (902.87 CAD).
    DHL made $22.57 for advancing duties and taxes.
    Tax was likely around $101.43 since that is the left overs. Odd that DHL rounded exactly to $124.00 and not some amount with more than zero cents. But I am not surprised.

17. scotta

scotta Active Member

So where are we at with deliveries. I notice some non kick starter orders are being delivered. I'm a kick starter backer but still waiting.

18. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

sorry for the late reply; I forgot to look over my shoulder to see if anyone replied. A month and still tripping up and not getting a full print - wrote about this earlier today, so will not bore you again right now.

19. OMG Really!

OMG Really! Member

sorry for late reply. No taxes and watching the DHL tracking and it went through customs in the day. Sweet. How is your printing going?

20. Chris Kucsera

Chris Kucsera New Member

My printer just arrived! I ordered mine in March (missed the Kickstarter), and my invoice # was 1170.
    Looks fantastic. Unfortunately, this my gaming weekend, so I won't get to play with it until Sunday night :(
    But I am stoked!

CK