1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Shipment has arrived!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Oct 11, 2013.

1. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

congrats on the printer hope to see some cool prints soon

2 people like this.
  2. bdub

bdub New Member

Unfortunately, those stickers sometimes encourage rough handling.

3. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

May backer, non ABS, UK

Still nothing, really not a remotely happy bunny right now, at the very least I would have expected my shipping number to come through by now.

4. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

My box was marked fragile, but as you say bdub it sometimes doesn't help.

5. NickW

NickW New Member

Ive known folks who do or have worked for various shipping companies, bdub hit the nail on the head with another nail. Some folks, generally the folks who have been working super long or the new employees will try to be more careful. At least it sounds like team are doing what they can to assist..

6. Mats J.

Mats J. New Member

Can't wait for mine to arrive! Hope it's here before christmas :D

7. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Don't hold your breath.

8. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

So, another week has gone by and still no shipping email, could someone please let me know what is going on.

May pledger for non-ABS fully assembled machine.

According to Robo3D themselves, thanks to their 2 x 500 printer shipments and shipping them out at say 15 a day (lets be conservative) I should be playing with my printer by now, can someone please give me an update as I am beginning to get rather annoyed. I don't mind it being late but at least keep me informed.

I am an official backer posting on the official forum, would someone please tell me what is going on!

9. dbhughe

dbhughe New Member

I wouldn't count on being informed. The Kickstarter backers don't seem to matter to this group. If we did matter, a simple daily message stating whats up, even if nothing has changed from the previous day would be posted.

According to the Robo3d Apologists this (having daily communications) is too much to ask and you shouldn't have risked your money if you didn't have it to lose.

I was supposed to receive my unit in July and now it is 3+ months later. I AM TIRED OF WAITING. If I don't get my unit by the end of November, you can be assured that my lawyer will get involved.

In the beginning, I so much wanted this to succeed, but now I don't have much if anything good to say about the whole ordeal. As it is, I certainly will not recommenced this company to my friends and I will tell everyone I talk with to steer clear of this mess.

This post might sound harsh and I am sorry if I have offended anyone with this post but this is a business and not an idle playtime situation. If you can't deliver when promised (or at least within a reasonable time) then GET OUT of the business.

2 people like this.
  10. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Completely agree with how you're feeling, I'm personally not that bothered about the wait, I should have received mine in May so I've been waiting six months! Late delivery is something to be expected with KS projects and I am totally fine with that, I expected to get the unit around August-ish but for it to roll into November and not even have a basic shipping system in place to let people know where their order is, is quite frankly shocking and extremely disappointing.

To Robo3D

I don't mind that my printer is late just tell me where the bloody hell my order is in relation to it being delivered, seriously guys it's not rocket science...

2 people like this.
  11. wrdutcher @gmail.com

That's what I was told when I suggested simple weekly updates and I was not a kickstarter, ordering in the beginning of July order #1375, expecting September delivery. In October I realized the it would be sometime next year before I seen a delivery, so I sent an email requesting a refund, and I was shocked that they responded within a couple minutes, yet other email request go for days without answers. Two days later the money showed up I'm my account where it could be put to better used. I would have kept my order if there was better communication, or they waited to charge my card when the printer was close to shipping. But to charge my card when the order was placed and three months later still no clear updates and orders under #300 asking where their printers are. To insane for me. When they catch up on their order backlog and resolve some the quality issues then I may reorder. The way I look at it I will still be getting a robot sometime in the first quarter of 2014, unless something better comes along in the mean time.

12. scotta

scotta Active Member

Come on robo3d team, this lack of ongoing clear communication is doing nothing for your companies credibility nor the loyalty of the customers.
    It does not take much effort to commit to a short weekly update. This would go a long way to setting and being able to meet customer expectations.
    I imagine if I was to adopt this communication strategy with my customers there would be hell to pay. I would quickly loose them.

2 people like this.
  13. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

The annoying thing is that they don't even have a phone number to call them on so you cant even give them a ring and find out what's going on although considering the fiasco of shipping I would imagine that it would be permanently engaged anyway.

In my experience the only time a company goes completely dark like this is when they have some serious issues that could ruin the entire enterprise, Robo3D say it ain't so and produce some meaningful information for us loyal backers who believed in you and get us our SHIPPING DATES!

2 people like this.
  14. Mats J.

Mats J. New Member

Have anyone gotten some info from Robo3d?
    If I dont get any updates soon, I'll have to get a refund to buy a solidoodle..

15. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

News showed up yesterday:

1. [​IMG] 12:36 PM - harry:
      Hey All, just got word from Mike. The official count of printers shipped so far, is 532 printers. RoBo is also working on palletizing 35 printers to be shipped to Austrailia by next week to save shipping costs.
    2. [​IMG] 12:37 PM - harry:
      Then, the Manufacture in China, is going to palletize 97 to go to Japan, and that should go out next week too.

16. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

they were on shout box the other day. I will post a pic

Attached Files:

17. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

sorry mike. did not see your comment when I posted mine.

18. Alex Moule

Alex Moule Member

Yay, info! \o/

D0 we know if the number quoted (511) is inclusive of the unassembled kits?

I added all the assembled printers together that should of shipped in May or earlier and that came to 492 which means my printer should have shipped in the last week. If you add the 155 non assembled kits (for May delivery or earlier) on it means it should ship in the next couple of weeks.

19. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

I think you will find that the number they give is total printers, assembled and un-assembled.

I seem to remember them saying sometime ago that all printers would ship assembled because it was easier for them to assemble them than it was to ship kits.

20. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Alex just so you know it was stated many many weeks ago that ALL printers are going to be shipped as fully assembled printers